Spring is just around the corner and while New Jersey has been teasing us with sunshine, the temps have been far from warm. BUT … I can feeeel the heat approaching.
One of my favorite accessories to wear during spring and summer are sunglasses. Just like hats are the cure all to 4th or 5th day hair, sunnies are the cure all for days I DON’T feel like putting on makeup.
In the past, I never purchased one specific sunnies brand on repeat…until Quay. I’ve been collecting Quay Australia Sunglasses for years now – I’m up to 4 pairs. Their styles are different and edgy and I think they have shapes and styles for everyone.
1. Zeus I have a pair of Quay sunnies that are very similar in style to the Zeus sunglasses that I’ll share below. The Zeus sunglasses do not have as much of a prominent point as the ones I own but there are other details that are very similar. The things I love most about these sunglasses are the petite shape and matte black frame. Also come in a taupe shade.
2. French Kiss These sunnies have a feminine cat eye shape. I love the tortoise shell pattern. These sunnies are on the larger side and might overpower your face if you have a smaller face shape. I personally love how big they are but it’s something to keep in mind.
3. High Keys (mini) – these may be the most popular shades from Quay. Until recently I learned that they come in a mini version! They High Key sunglasses come in a bunch of different colors and have mirrored lenses. I own and love the gold shades. High key sunglasses add a little something extra to your typical aviator sunglasses.
4. Cafe Racer – definitely the most bold pair of the bunch. I love the straight brow feature and oversized look. This pair is sure to make a statement.
5. Walk On – This pair also comes in a tortoise pattern, making them a good dupe for the Karen Walker sunglasses. I love the circular lenses. I think these are the most versatile pair of these picks – great for casual weekend wear or paired with a midi and some heels.
Which pair is your favorite!? Share in the comments below.
Hi all! Today I’m sharing another home decor post. You guys loved my fall decor post where I showed you how I decorated my fireplace for fall. I recently posted a mirror selfie and got a bunch of feedback wanting to see my decorative bookshelf that I have in my living area.
I did my best to track down the items that I have on the shelves! A lot of pieces are from Home Goods, Home Sense or other home decor stores that don’t offer the ability for you to shop online. But really the point of this post is to provide home decor inspo – if you like an item here or there, I tried to link similar items below.
I really like mixing materials so I have wood, ceramic, steel, and more scattered throughout the bookshelf. I also love the pop of green that the faux plants provide. The bookshelf itself is from amazon and it comes in different sizes, so you can choose depending on what size room you’re working with.
It can be really overwhelming decorating a bookshelf. There are so many cute nick nacks out there, it’s hard not to buy everything. As much as I wanted to buy everything in Home Goods and Hobby Lobby, I kept each shelf to 2-3 items. Layering pieces on top and in front of one another is the easiest way to incorporate multiple pieces of home decor, without looking cluttered.
I’ll link the items I found below!
SECOND SHELF: I got the pineapple on clearance at Hobby Lobby so I’ll link similar items HERE and HERE | White Barn candles come in the prettiest glass containers. I always find myself using them as part of the decor in my home if I need a filler here or there. Similar candle HERE
Happy Decorating! Which shelf is your favorite!?
I remember thinking tortious accessories were hideous as a kid LOL. Now?! I want all of the tortoise shell earrings. There are a ton of options for tortoise shell earrings at Amazon if you are on the hunt for an affordable pair. Tortoise is a fun way to jazz up a basis outfit. I’ve linked a bunch of my favorite Amazon earrings below. All options are under $15!
In my last post I shared some of my favorite ways to layer during the Spring transition. Today I am going to share my 5 must have cardigans for Spring – some of which I already own, and some I have waiting in shopping carts!
Okay, so this lightweight duster cardigan is perfect to grab with you on your way to the office, to lunch by the water, or if you’re out and about running errands. It’s great for those warm days with just a little bite in the air. I know black doesn’t scream spring – but I love pairing this with white denim + a white top – so classic.
Okay, now who doesn’t love a colorblocked sweater for spring!? I just pulled the trigger on this open front cardigan for spring and I can’t wait to paid it with some distressed jean shorts and sandals
This cardigan from Shop Red Dress is perfect for a date night in the spring time! The color is really fun and feminine and would look so cute layered over a cami and bralette.The dropped shoulder gives it a casual look so you can dress it up or down.
Okay, I know this may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but I love the idea of a cropped button up cardigan and bralette underneath with high waisted jeans! This cardigan from American Eagle is currently on sale!
Even though this is listed under the lingerie section on Nordstrom’s website, I still included this for spring! I this this wrap is a fun take on cardigans for spring! It’s also versatile in how you can style it. This one is also currently on sale